The research group “Advances in intervention and epidemiology with children, adolescents and families” (IAF) belongs to a body of research groups under the Andalusian Research Plan (PAIDI), attached to the University of Almeria (Spain). In IAF, we approach the study of psychological problems in children and youth as well as the impact of the family context and related interventions. We especially pay attention to risk and protective factors, emotional regulation, contextual therapy interventions and ITC interventions.
The research group “Advances in intervention and epidemiology with children, adolescents and families” pertains to the ‘humanities’ area of knowledge under the Andalusian Research Plan. It is backed by the University of Almeria’s Plan Propio de Investigación and receives additional grants for research projects, autonomous research contracts and various research awards.
Lines of research:
Epidemiology of psychological disorders in childhood and analysis of risk factors and protection.
2) Analysis of parenting styles relating to psychoeducational problems in childhood and youth.
3) Analysis of parenting intervention programmes: application of third wave therapies.
4) Analysis of the role of language and cognition in complex processes (theory of mind, emergence of symbolic relations and analogies, verbal regulation, self-control).
5) Emotional intelligence and competencies in psychoeducational problems.
6) Virtual reality in coping with distress and emotional well-being.